Dear Valued Client, Caregiver and Clinician,
All of us at Island Mediquip are deeply concerned about the onset of the new COVID-19 virus and would like to extend our thoughts and prayers to everyone on Vancouver Island and across Canada that are experiencing any negative impact.
We continue to monitor the ongoing situation through updates from the BC Centre for Disease Control and are in daily contact with Island Health to determine how we can be better prepared. The health and safety of our employees and clients remain a top priority for us and we continue to be vigilant.
As a result of implementing contracted medical equipment rental programs across Vancouver Island, we realize that our services can be deemed important to the community and can mean that patients are discharged with the equipment they need when they need it while freeing up valuable hospital beds.
We have implemented the following provisions and safety measures in response to this crisis including
- Upgraded Infection Control procedures for all equipment handling including rental deliveries and pickup (islandmediquip.com/covid)
- Increased communication and dialogue with staff members and stakeholders including Island Health to help facilitate increased safety protocols at each of our locations which include mandatory use of personal protection equipment, frequent hand washing (20 seconds or longer) and implementation of social distancing with clients and co-workers.
- Effective March 20, all sales staff are to avoid all visits to long-term care facilities, hospitals, independent living homes, group homes and in the community, unless the visit is deemed essential or life-threatening and under strict infection control guidelines.
- Visits to our storefront locations will be by appointment only after a series of questions are answered and only if for essential equipment
- All returned rental equipment will be dropped off in designated areas outside our locations
- For service and installation technicians, we have taken into account all necessary safety precautions to adhere with the BC CDC protocols and are only responding to urgent requests
- Any one in our team that experiences any symptoms related to COVID-19 will immediately placed on self-quarantine along with any employees that they have been in contact with.
Island Mediquip continues to remain open at all our locations on Vancouver Island and its committed to contributing any resources that are at our disposal to help the mitigate the effects of this pandemic. As such we have increased our pool of rental equipment to help with the strain on availability of equipment.
Infection Control Guidelines
Please see our upgraded infection control guidelines - rentalinfectioncontrol.pdf